Square face shapes have a strong jawline, forehead, and cheekbones of the same width. Finding glasses that balance these features can enhance your face shape. In this article, we'll discuss the best glasses for square faces to help you pick the right eyewear.
Understanding Square Face Shapes
Square face shapes have sharp angles, with the width of the forehead and jawline being equal. This face shape is often characterized by a prominent jawline and a broad forehead. Unlike round faces, the length and width of the face are similar. Therefore, it's essential to choose glasses that soften the angular features of the square face.
Choosing the Right Glasses for a Square Face
When it comes to selecting the right glasses for square face shapes, the key is to balance the proportions and soften the features. Here are some tips to keep in mind when selecting glasses for your square face:
Angular vs. Curved Frames
Curved frames can soften the sharp angles of square faces and add some roundness. Avoid rectangular or square-shaped frames that enhance the squareness of your face.
Round glasses can add contrast to a square face and bring out the balance of your features. They can make your face appear more youthful and feminine.
Cat-eye glasses can add some femininity to square face shapes. They have an upswept angle that adds softness to the angular features of a square face.
Oval glasses are suitable for square faces, and their shape can complement the symmetry and contour of the face. They can add some roundness to the face and soften its sharp features.
Aviator glasses with their teardrop shape and pointed edges can complement the features of a square face. They can help to soften the chin area and balance the width of the forehead.
Wayfarer glasses are an iconic style that can add some depth to the features of a square face. They have rectangular frames that can balance the symmetry of the face and soften the features.
The Best Glasses for Square Faces
Now that you know what to look for in glasses for a square face shape, here are some top styles to try out:
Round glasses can soften angles and balance the features of a square face. ChoosE frames that are slightly wider than your face for a chic look.
Cat-eye glasses add some curves to the strong angles of square faces and add definition to the cheekbones. They can help to balance the width of the forehead and jawline.
Rectangle glasses are a great choice for square faces as they add length to the face. They can help to soften the sharp features of the face and add some depth to the facial features.
Wayfarer glasses are perfect for adding some definition to square faces. They have a rectangular frame that can balance the symmetry of the face and soften the sharp features.
Oval glasses can complement the symmetry and contour of square faces. Their shape can soften the sharp angles of the face and add some roundness.
Choosing the right glasses for your face shape can enhance your facial features and overall look. Square face shapes have sharp angles, and selecting the right glasses can provide balance to soften those features. Consider trying out round, cat-eye, oval, rectangle, or wayfarer glasses for your square face shape.
- Can square face shapes wear oversized glasses?
- Yes, square face shapes can wear oversized glasses. However, be mindful of the proportions to ensure the glasses complement your facial features.
- Can square face shapes wear rimless glasses?
- Yes, square face shapes can wear rimless glasses. But choose a shape that balances your facial features rather than emphasizing the sharp angles.
- What's the best color for glasses frames for square face shapes?
- The best color for glasses frames for square face shapes is dark or bold colors such as black, navy blue or tortoiseshell.
- What type of lenses should I choose for my square face?
- Elongated or rounded lenses complement the curves of a square face.
- What is the best shape for glasses frames for a square face with a short forehead?
- Cat-eye or oval glasses can add the illusion of a longer forehead, complementing square face shapes with a shorter forehead.